Kolkata Red Light Area - Is it Safe for Visitors?
Asia's largest red light district Sonagachi located in North Kolkata near Jatinder Mohon Avenue. Mors then 16000+ sex workers live there. Their starting price is 500 for one customer for one hour. It is one of the best and most famous red-light areas in Kolkata. Generally, it is not a good idea to visit this area, especially if you are not familiar with it. People who visited the red light district in Kolkata have mixed experiences.
The red light area in Kolkata Name & list.
1. Bowbazar:- It is a red-light district where about 15,000 prostitutes work.
2. Garia:- There is a small red light area in Garia. Some homes are built for retired sex workers in the area.
3. Kalighat:- In south Kolkata, there is a red light district in the neighbourhood of Kalighat. 1000 to 1500 sex workers live & work there.
4. Kidderpore:- The red-light district in Kidderpore is the third largest in Kolkata.
5. Lebu Bagan:- There is a small, little-known red-light district in north Kolkata called Lebu Bagan. About 100 prostitutes work there on four streets.
6. Sonagachi:- The largest red-light district in Kolkata, is Sonagachi. Also the largest red-light district in India. Known as the sex capital of the city of Joy (Kolkata).
7. Tollygunge:- Tollygunge is a small red-light district located near Prince Anwar Shah Road.